Monday, June 4, 2012

Menu plan Monday:)

It's Monday and I am pumped!! I had this weird "A-ha" moment at church yesterday- twice. I know, I was pretty shocked myself. The first one is literally just an idea in my head and will need much more in depth planning which I will be sharing soon (hopefully). The other was simply a moment. A moment that made me so ready to get Tanque Verde Manor (hee hee)  going that it's just plain driving me nuts. We have a couple things to pay off before we get a loan- we want to go into the loan debt free (except for my stinkin student loans) and now I am on a mission. Gazelle intensity- to quote Dave Ramsey. That's what we are doing. I want it so bad. So, I am stepping up every effort, I am going to tell anyone and everyone about Shaklee- it's a great company that sells amazing products and has an amazing opportunity to work from home blessing others. I am also going to go all crazy coupon lady again. I want to build. NOW. I know we can't yet, we are being smart about it (a first) and it's killing me!!!

Whew.... now I will leave you with my menu for the week.

In order to "jump start" our metabolism, I have been making Dr Oz's "Weight orade". It's actually really yummy and refreshing. I have still been drinking my Cinch shakes every morning and I love them. For lunch, Eric has been taking mason jar salads and he loves them!! We also did some freezer cooking this last weekend- breakfast burritos now fill our freezer!





The recipe for the Weight-orade is below....


Monday:  Costco Tilapia (so yummy and such a great deal), red potatoes, green beans
Tuesday:  Chicken fajitas in crock pot (recipe below)
Wednesday: Spaghetti, bread and salad
Thursday:  Ranch chicken, zucchini and squash medley, rice
Friday: Finger foods (Grand opening for Shaklee)
Saturday: Chicken tacos, rice and corn


Chicken fajitas:

*1 yellow onion,sliced
*3 sweet peppers
*1 1/2 lbs. of chicken breasts
*1/2 c. chicken broth
*1/2 tsp. salt
*2 tbsp. cumin
*1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder
*Squirt of lime juice
*tortillas
*whatever else you like to put on fajitas!

Put all veggies on the bottom of the greased crock pot. Lay chicken on top. Pour chicken broth over top. Sprinkle everything with the seasonings.... squirt lime juice on top.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred chicken with two forks, and get to eatin'!
(original recipe found here )


The "weight orade"- meant to jump start your metabolism.
Dr. Oz is a big fan! It is very refreshing too!



Iced Tangerine Mint Green Tea or weight orade
*4 organic green tea bags
*1/2 tangerine, sliced
*fresh mint leaves
*honey to taste
*water, just boiling
*ice

The way to do it, is put 4 green teas bags in a mason jar....this is the one the boiling water will go in. In another jar, fill it half way up with ice, then put the tangerines and mint in there. When the water is just boiling, pour it into the mason jar (the one with the teabags) and let it steep for like 3-4 minutes. If you wanna add honey, now's the time- in the hot tea. When it cools a little, pour on top of the ice, close it up, let it steep over night and enjoy the following day:)
(found the recipe here)


So there ya have it! Oh yeah- I mentioned our super duper Tower Garden once before, but here it now. It's sprouting lots of stuff now! We have lettuce, zucchinni, watermeloin, all the herbs, lincoln peas and a ton of other stuff! It's not so beautiful now, but pretty soon it's going to be a lush garden- on our porch! Can. Not. Wait.

(Btw, in case you didn't know...the Tower Garden is an aeroponic system that uses no soil and grows fruits and veggies in a much shorter amount of time. )


Each one of those holes, holds a plant!

Holy moly...needs to be cleaned a bit! Good thing I have my Basic H!




For more information on the Tower Garden please visit my website: http://nm.towergarden.com












1 comment:

I totally appreciate you taking the time to comment! I love it! However, I reserve the right to delete any comment that is inappropriate or malicious. No need for that here:) Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

who's here?